Happy New Year!
As a society, we place emphasis on good oral hygiene and it seems that this focus is reflected in
the sheer amount of toothpaste, floss, and toothbrushes we use each year.
Here are the statistics:
1) Dental Floss: Over 3 million miles of dental floss is purchased annually in North
America which is fifty two million eight hundred thousand football fields!
2) Toothpaste: On average, six tubes of toothpaste are consumed annually by each individual person.
3) Yearly Appointments: Over 100 million Americans don’t make it to their dental exam and cleaning each year.
4) Toothbrushes: Around 3.5 billion toothbrushes are sold each year.
5) Toothbrushes per individual: On average, Americans change out their toothbrush 1.9 times a year. Yet it is recommended to change your toothbrush every 3 months.
6) 1,440 Minutes Per Year: Each year a person spends around 4 minutes a day brushing their teeth equaling out to 1,440 minutes annually.
But what exactly is the purpose of these products?
● Toothpaste: Toothpaste serves as an integral component of oral hygiene regimens. It contains ingredients such as fluoride which helps polish teeth, prevent cavities, and combat gum diseases and tooth decay.
● Floss: Floss’ string-like qualities help clean between the teeth and along the gumline which a toothbrush is unable to do. Floss also comes in a variety of forms such as, traditional sting floss, dental picks, and water flossers. Each unique form will help remove plaque and food particles that toothbrushes can’t reach!
● Toothbrush: A toothbrush is the basic component of a daily oral hygiene routine. The bristles remove large quantities of plaque build up, food, and bacteria.
● Dental Visits: Going to your dental checkup appointment helps identify and address potential problems early on, ensure the oral health is well-maintained, and benefit overall wellbeing.
This year, make maintaining good oral health one of your new year’s resolutions!
Call or text us today to schedule your appointment.